I saw in this weeks Hy-Vee Ad some really cute ideas for what to make for the super bowl, below are a few fun things I found:
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Footballs
- Melt chocolate chips (or almond bark) and dip the strawberries in, add white chocolate or white frosting! Yum! How cute are these?
Love how they served them in cupcake paper.
Avacado Football Field Dip:
- Spread into your pan (maybe a glass one so you can see it!)
- Begin making your football field! (maybe a big "G" or Steelers logo)
- Tuck some chips around the edges, maybe add some green peppers or veggies too! so cute and easy!
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows – OR – 4 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup peanut butter
6 cups chocolate flavored crisped rice cereal (such as Cocoa Rice Krispies)
Canned frosting or decorating gel
In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted.
Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
Cool slightly. Using buttered hands shape mixture into sixteen 3-inch footballs. Decorate with frosting.
Football Cake Pops:
- Get a boxed cake mix and follow instructions and bake in a regular pan. Let it cool
-Crumble up the cake into a bowl, the smaller crumbles, the better.
- Take a scoop of the mixture and shape into footballs. Chill in the fridge.
-Melt chocolate candy in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring each time.
-Dip sticks into the melted mixture, add the football cakes to the stick.
-Dip the cakes into the chocolate mixture, let them cool without touching.
-Use white icing to add designs!
Hope you enjoy making these - they look so cute! We are going to a Superbowl Party over at Tyler's Parents home, and I am making a yummy taco dip recipe my mom gave me. Here is the recipe:
Black Bean Salsa Dip:
- 1 can of black beans - drained/rinsed
- 1 can of mexican corn
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 bunches of green onions
- 1 can black olives (i'm not a fan of these - so i omitted them)
- 3/4 cup of salsa
- 1 t. minced garlic
- 2 8 oz. of cream cheese
- 1 cup of mayo
- 3/4 pkg. taco seasoning
1. mix cream cheese and mayo.
2. spread on serving platter or pan.
3. mix rest of ingredients together.
4. spread over cream cheese.
(She adds shredded cheese and cilantro as well - I LOVE cilantro - so will be sure to add some)
Hope you have a wonderful Superbowl Sunday :)