Thursday, February 3, 2011

How many Pontiers does it take to unscrew a lightbulb?

I will first tell you that our house was built in 1939ish so we have all the original light fixtures (and crown molding- it's gorgeous.) Anyways, I have been bugging Tyler to change the light bulb in our upstairs hallways for weeks. I hate walking downstairs in the dark/almost tripping and breaking my neck over our cat who thinks the middle of the stairway is a good place to rest. Anywho..

He finally bought a big enough ladder and started to take out the lightbulb, in which it came apart and screwy-in part (it's got to have a technical name) still in the socket. I had heard somewhere that if you stick a half a potato in the socket and twist that it will help it come out. We were actually planning on having them for dinner (with my lovely salmon - check out the recipe.) So, I chopped my nice potato in half and he tried to get it to work...

.... and it didn't... one ruined potato..


So then after some needle nosed pliers he was able to twist it off and the finished product....

The light worked! Thank goodness... after it was all said and done I asked, "did you turn off the light switch before you started."  He didn't. OMG...



Not the brightest bulb in the box... :) but I love him.


No comments:

Post a Comment