Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's my cat in a box and easy cheesy dinner!

For some reason our cat Olive loves to be in and on top of boxes, and next to the vents to keep warm. So I put a little shoe box with an old fleece pajama top in it and turns out she LOVED it. I always find her there (which is nice because it means less hair on my bed.)

Also FYI - she opened the door last night and about scared the crap out of me - needless to say I was a scardy cat (ha ha ha).




Also, here our recipe for dinner last night - it is seriously a staple in our house. Kraft Shells and Cheese is a big comfort food for me (I had Tyler mail me about 5 packages while I was overseas because I missed it so much!) So we love this meal, hope you do too.

Nacho Bake
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
  • Velveeta Shells and Cheese (I used the new one that has chiles and tomatoes already in it)
  • 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheese
  • 3/4 cup salsa
  • 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Get the Shells and Cheese cookin as usual. Brown ground beef in a pan.
2. Drain grease from meat and then add taco seasoning and water to meat, simmer 5 min.
3. Stir sour cream into shells and cheese (after you have boiled, then drained and added the cheese packet.)
4. Spoon half of the noodles into an 8 inch square baking dish (or whatever you have) top with layer of meat, half the cheese and then the remaining Shells and Cheese. Cover
5. Bake for 15 min. Top with Salsa, remaining cheese and the crushed tortilla chips. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes.

Enjoy! :)

Here's a pic of ours (sorry I didn't get a chance to take it before Tyler served us - it was yummy!)

1 comment:

  1. I was introduced to Shells and Cheese at the Kling household back in grade school when I spent the weekend with you. I think that was also the weekend we sunk the snowmobile!!!

    ReplyDelete