|My sick hubby loved it!|
Tomato Basil Soup
- 2 - 28 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz. can of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1 small carton of whipping cream (or half and half)
- Fresh basil leaves (about 10-15)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
2. Let boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
3. While your waiting, chop basil until fine.
4. Then add basil, sugar, zest in some of your garlic (it is strong so maybe start small and add more)
5. Add whipping cream, butter and cream cheese
6. Wait until that melts and it's ready to go.
Add a glass of wine and that's dinner!