Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Yum-O

Thought I would share a yummy recipe that we had for dinner this week! I found it in my Cosmopolitan magazine. Tyler gave it an A++ :)



Almond- Crusted Chicken Paillards
Ingredients:
  • Chicken Breast (1 for each person you are serving)
  • Sea Salt
  • Pepper
  • 2/3 cup of sliced almonds
  • 2/3 cup of bread crumbs
  • 1 tsp. tarragon (I couldn't find fresh, so I just bought the spice)
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 20 cherry tomatoes
  • 2 scallions (I used the green part of green onions!)
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 4 tablespoons EVOO
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • Lemon Wedges
1. Stick the chicken in a plastic bag and hammer out your aggression! :) Til its flatish. Season with salt and pepper.
2. I stuck my sliced almonds in a baggie and just hammered them out (but you can use a food processor)
3. Combine bread crumbs, crushed almonds and tarragon on a plate. Whisk eggs in a bowl and add salt.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into the eggs and then place onto plate with breadcrumb mixture, coat both sides.
5. Refridgerate for 20 minutes to set crust.
6. While the chicken is in the fridge, slice cherry tomatoes in half, add scallions (or green onions), Lemon juice and a tbsp of Evoo. (Next time I make this I might stick my tomatoes in the oven for a few minutes to let them burst).
7. Heat up skillet with butter and EVOO. Turn to medium.
8. After heated, add chicken. Cook for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes (just check to seen when it is brown and crispy) and turn just once. Arrange on plate, add your tomato salad mixture and garnish with lemons.
I made it with baked potatoes and fresh salad (added extra almonds and lemon juice)

YUMMY! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment