Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Break!!

Last week we headed out to Colorado for a little getaway. We loaded up the car and I made some homemade Chex Mix (Road Trippin' Grub)

We stayed at the Great Divide Lodge. Tyler sweet-talked the receptionist into upgrading our room. We had a gorgeous view of the mountains. Our first day there was St. Patricks Day and there was an Irish Pub in town, so we started our afternoon there. We decided to get the "full effect" and I ordered bangers and mash and tyler had corn beef and cabbage. We had some green beer and even choked down a Guiness (not my favorite drink!) We checked out the local night life and had a blast trying new wines and cheeses at a little bistro.

The next day we went shopping and got massages at a spa. Then on Saturday we hit up the slopes. I took some lesson at Ski School (haha) and I caught on pretty fast. I thought snow skiing was very similiar to water skiing. Then I was able to go down a pretty big hill! I was a little nervous and went pretty slow, but I had a BLAST. We definitely decided to make it a yearly trip! Checked one more thing off my bucket list!



Here's some more of my favorite pics (most taken on my phone!! )










No comments:

Post a Comment