Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Healthy & Delicious

Last night was the first night I used recipes from my new book, The Carb Lover's Diet. I decided to try it out, and it was wonderful. If you are looking for a fresh, healthy fish meal, this one's for you!

Skillet Salmon & Parmesan Potatoes

Ingredients:
  • 2 medium potatoes (I tried out the ones you stick in the microwave - time saver!)
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • Parmesan Cheese
  • Mixed Salad Greens
  • Chopped tomatoes (I'm loving cherry tomatoes right now)
  • Low fat balsamic vinaigrette
  • 1 lemon

  • Salmon Fillets (1 per person you are serving)



  • 1. Heat a nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat fish with cooking spray. (**I added salt and pepper to eat side) Add fish to pan, and cook 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. (here is pic of mine cookin')

    2. While fish cooks, pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in a microwave. Microwave at HIGH 8-10 minutes, turning the potatoes after 5  minutes. Let stand 5 minutes to cool down.

    3. Cut the cooked potatoes in half (I had to slice mine up... more on that later..) Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.

    Here are my greeens :)
    4. Combine greens, tomatoes, and vinaigrette in a bowl, toss gently.

    5. Cut lemon in half, and squeeze lemon juice over fish. Serve Salmon with potatoes and salad!

    Turned out really yummy, and best of all it is so healthy! Hope you enjoy it!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment