Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cheeseburger Lasagna

I promise I am going to become better at posting  more recipes once school starts! I really don't do a whole lot of cooking during the summer because 1. Usually our food is on the grill 2. We are so busy I just throw stuff together :)

But I thought cheeseburger lasagna sounded so delicious - so I googled it and made it my own. Here's the recipe!



Cheeseburger Lasagna

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
  • 3 tbsp onion minced
  • 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
  • 1/2 cup of ketchup
  • 1 tbsp of mustard
  • 1 egg
  • 1 15 container or ricotta (I just used cottage cheese)
  • Uncooked lasagna noodles
  • cheddar cheese (or whatever you got)
Directions:
  1. Brown meat, add minced onions (I just used a jar of chopped, dried onions) Add salt and pepper to taste.
  2. After meat is browned, add tomato sauce, ketchup and mustard.
  3. In another bowl, beat the egg, then add the ricotta or cottage cheese and 2 cups of any cheese blend.
  4. Spray your pan GOOD!
  5. Add meat mixture, then uncooked noodles, then cheese mixture and repeat until you reach the top!
  6. Cover top with cheese
  7. Heat oven to 350. bake lasagna covered, 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 25-35 minutes longer until bubble.
  8. I LOVE PICKLES! So I added some to the top. Feel free to add: lettuce, tomato, sour cream, anything!
I served mine with some fresh bread (from the farmer's market.) I sliced it and buttered it and sprinkled ranch from the seasoning packet on it! Yummy!

I can't believe that I start going back to school for  meetings NEXT week! I'm sure Tyler will be happy because I will get all of my "teacher stuff" out of our office :)

Hope you all are having a great summer!
x- K

No comments:

Post a Comment