Sunday, February 27, 2011

BLT Mac & Cheese

I made this meal this week and it was so good! I can almost say I love it as much as shells in cheese (which should indicate how good it is!)

Mixin' up the leeks & tomatoes!

Ingredients:
  • 5 cups water
  • 8 slices of bacon
  • 4 oz. white cheddar cheese (or any cheese)
  • 4 oz cream cheese (I just used the whole pack)
  • 1 lb. pasta of your choice
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 large leek, chop the white and light green portions (tastes like a mild onion)
  • Cherry tomatoes (cut up as many as you want!)
Directions:
  1. Bring water to boil and get your pasta cookin
  2. Cook up bacon and cut up into chunks. (I just microwave to make it easier)
  3. After pasta looks pretty cooked add cream cheese, grated cheese, salt and pepper to boiling water. Cover and simmer vigorously for 5 mins. (took me a little longer)
  4. Slice leeks and let them bathe in some water for a few minutes to clean out all the dirt or sand. Then add them to the pasta mixture.
  5. Meanwhile, cut tomatoes lengthwise, stir them into the pot. Add your bacon.
Serve and enjoy!!

 I also had fun going to the Craft Show at the Des Moines Fair Grounds on Saturday with my high school friend Morgan. I did find a few cute things. Here is a sign I had made for our house!

Hope you have a wonderful week!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment